Clinical ServicesAdult Immunizations Family PlanningSTD Clinic & Testing Additional ResourcesFees for Clinical Services
- Threat Preparedness
- Food Safety
- Harm Reduction
- Contact Us
Food Handlers Information
Food Handlers Certification (Food Card)
Food Handler Certifications, aslo know as food cards, are required by the Grafton Taylor County Health Department. To obtain a food handler’s certification/card, there are normally mulitiple options available. Anyone working with food prep, serving, or cooking is required to have a food handler card. Food handler cards are good for one year only from the date issued when received from either our online class or at a local food handler's class.
Grafton Taylor County Food Handler's Card
Any food handler worker my obtain their food card either by attending an online training class authorized by the Grafton Taylor County Health Department or by attending on of our local training classes.
Food Handler's Information and Resources
Website Online Food Handler's Card
The Grafton Taylor County Health Department also has an online food handler’s certification class for those more comfortable with taking online classes. The online class accepts credit cards and the cost is $25.00 for the county card and $35.00 for the state card.
- Identify food safety risks and create policies to address them
- Train employees to follow food safety policies
- Take appropriate action when an employee has symptoms of foodborne illness or is diagnosed with a reportable disease
- Follow good personal hygiene and hand care practices
- Identify approved suppliers and methods for inspecting deliveries
- Identify cross-contamination risks and methods for prevention
- Implement effective cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Identify appropriate pest prevention measures and signs of pest infestations
- Prevent bacterial growth in Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) foods during all stages of the flow of food
- Maintain facilities and equipment in compliance with regulations
Food Manager's Certification
The Grafton Taylor County Health Department now offers a manager-level food safety training course that will prepare you to take the nationally approved Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This online food manager certification class accepts credit cards and the cost is $125.00. The course certification is good for five (5) years from the date issued.