Clinical ServicesAdult Immunizations Family PlanningSTD Clinic & Testing Additional ResourcesFees for Clinical Services
- Threat Preparedness
- Food Safety
- Harm Reduction
- Contact Us
Water Wells & Water Testing
The Grafton Taylor County Health Department conducts water well permitting and sampling activities. A permit is required for the installation of a water well.
To have a water well driller, you must use a Certified Water Well Driller.
Applications are submitted to Grafton Taylor County Health Department with subsequent site visits conducted by the Sanitarian. Should the site comply with the Water Well Regulation requirements, a permit is issued. Final inspections of the completed well installation are conducted when GTHD is notified or when GTHD receives the Water Well Completion Report from the driller.
The Grafton Taylor County Health Department also conducts bacteriological sampling on wells that are in compliance with the State of WV Water Well Design Standards.
- Potable water hauling information
- Protecting your well
- Signs you should test your well
- CDC - Drinking Water
- EPA - Ground Water and Drinking Water
- EPA - Guidance For What To Do After The Flood
- National Ground Water Association
- The Groundwater Foundation
- U.S. Geological Survey - Water Resources of the United States
- Water Systems Council
- Wellowner.org - an excellent resource for water well information